Assurance & Authentication
Symantec Code Signing certificates help assure your customers about the identity and the authenticity of your software. It verifies the code publisher's identity with a comprehensive authentication procedure and safeguards the contents from any kind of tampering by an unauthorized third party. Obtaining this certificate for your company typically takes between 1-2 business days, but will allow you to reap the benefits of your customers’ trust, since they will be able to instantly verify that your code has been investigated and approved by the leading global name in website security. If you’re an individual looking for a code signing certificate, don’t worry! We also offer Symantec Code Signing Certificates for Individuals.
Security & Encryption
With a Symantec Code Signing certificate, you can secure your content from getting tampered with and from unapproved distribution. These certificates help ensure your users about your authenticity, since the validity of your code has been established and protected with this “digital shrink wrap.”
The Symantec Code Signing certificate is the most compatible option of its kind that we offer, supporting all major platforms like:
- Microsoft Authenticode®
- Adobe® AIR™
Symantec is also one of just a few trusted providers of code signing for:
- Windows Phone
- AT&T Developer Program
- Java Verified
- Symbian Signed applications
SHA-2 support is also available for Symantec Code Signing certificates.
Features & Benefits
- Symantec Code Signing is a fully Business Validated Signing Certificate
- Each code signing certificate provides a digital signature for one of the following: Microsoft Authenticode, VBA and Office, Sun Java, Adobe Air, or Macromedia Shockwave. (Please note: one code signing certificate will cover one platform.)
- Robust and time-tested authentication process to verify the publisher identity
- Proof that code has not changed or been tampered with since signing
- Unlimited signing with a valid Code Signing certificate
- Include $125,000 Warranty
- Available 24/7 phone, email and chat support
- Allow you to sign kernel-mode software and device drivers
- Show customers that your code and content are safe to download
- Inspire user confidence and protect your brand and business reputation
- Eliminate disruptive security alerts and reduce support inquiries
- Meet requirements for more platforms than any other code signing provider
- Increase adoption of downloadable software and online saless
- Lower total cost of ownership with time-stamping.
Symantec Code Signing certificates do not come with a Site Seal because it is not designed to be advertised publically on your website. However, code signing certificates do include unique digital signatures embedded within the code of your site. These signatures help ensure your customers that the code comes from you and has not been corrupted or altered since it was created and signed.
The Symantec Code Signing certificate provides warranty protection up to $125,000 against any unauthorized use, disclosure, safety compromise, unauthorized revocation, loss of use and possibly an incorrect issuance. This is the highest warranty on the market available with a code signing certificate.
Additionally, the reissuance insurance and free installation checker are just two more reasons to go with a Symantec's Code Signing Certificate. These extraordinary features go above and beyond the competition.
Simply put – Symantec is the most trusted name in internet security. If you truly want the most bang for your buck when it comes to SSL, there simply isn't a better option than a Symantec branded certificate. Why? Because, along with additional features like daily malware scans and vulnerability assessments, Symantec SSL certificates come with the most universally trusted image on the planet – the Norton seal. These certificates offer tremendous ROI potential and are a worth-while investment for any online business that places the highest level of importance on their customers' trust and security.