Assurance & Authentication
Thawte Code Signing certificates help guarantee the authenticity and the identity of your software. These certificates verify the code publisher's identity with a complete authentication process and safeguards the contents from any kind of tampering by an unlicensed third party. Obtaining these certificates for your company usually takes around 1-2 business days. If you’re an individual looking for a code signing certificate, don’t worry! We also offer Thawte Code Signing Certificates for Individuals.
Security & Encryption
With a Thawte Code Signing certificate, you can safeguard your content from being tampered with and from unapproved distribution. These security certificates make sure that your users are aware of your authenticity, since the validity of your code has been established and protected with “digital shrink wrap.”
Thawte Code Signing certificates work across a wide array of platforms, such as:
- Digitally sign .jar files and Java applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Recognized by Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Digitally sign 32- and 64-bit user-mode (.exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi and .xap files)
- Digitally sign code for Microsoft® Office 2000, Microsoft VBA, Netscape Object Signing, and Marimba Channel Signing
- Mac Os Code Signing Certificate allows developers to sign software for Mac OS, as well as update for your software.
- Apple code signing certificates allow customers to run Mac executables error free. Help generate assurance in those running your Mac OS X application, tools, updates, resources and software by signing your executables with apple code signing certificate.
Microsoft Office and VBA
- Digitally sign VBA objects, scripts and macros for Microsoft Office .doc, .xls, and .ppt files
- For Microsoft Office and third-party applications using VBA
- Digitally sign .air or .air files
- Required for all AIR-based applications
Features & Benefits
- Thawte Code Siging is a fully Business Validated Certificate
- Uses a single certificate for most platforms and applications - this is unique to Thawte
- Allows you to sign active content such as ActiveX, Macros, MIDlet (J2ME) and Java™ Applets for secure electronic distribution over the Internet. This authenticated digital signature effectively verifies the source of your software before it is downloaded.
- Ensures that your active content or code cannot be maliciously modified without being detected
- Unlimited signing with a valid code signing certificate
- One-to-two-year validity and easy renewal
- Inspire user confidence and protect your brand
- Eliminate disruptive security alerts and reduce support inquiries
- Meet requirements for more platforms than any other code signing provider
- Increase adoption of downloadable software and online sales
- Thawte's world-class certification procedures
- Reduce the cost of maintaining code with a free timestamp.
- Protect users from downloading harmful files
- $50,000 warranty
- Now supports Silverlight® 4 applications
- Available 24/7 phone, email and chat support
Code Signing certificates do not come with a Site Seal because they are not designed to be advertised publically on websites. However, these certificates do come with unique digital signatures embedded within the code of your website, which helps ensure your customers that the code comes from you and has not been altered or corrupted since it was signed and created.
The Thawte Code Signing certificate includes a $50,000 warranty. This excellent warranty exists to protect against any unauthorized use, revocation, safety compromise, disclosure, incorrect issuance, and loss of use. So, you can rest assured knowing that your investment is covered.
The Thawte brand is an exceptional combination of both trust and security. These certificates are some of the most premium SSL offerings on the market, but are available at prices that can fit most any budget. When customers see the Thawte trust seal on a website, they gain the confidence they need to make purchases, and businesses can rest assured that their customers' information will be secure. Thawte has been in the SSL business since 1995 and has issued more than 900,000 certificates since then in over 240 countries worldwide. For an SSL brand with a long and storied history of boosting the security and trust of a website, Thawte is an excellent choice. These certificates are perfect for SMB's who are looking for a little bang for their buck with regards to SSL, including ROI potential.