Assurance & Authentication
It's quick, cost-effective & easy to install this wildcard certificate, and this solution offers a basic level of assurance to site users by displaying https and activating the little padlock icon in the URL space of web browsers. You can get this almost INSTANTLY*** by using our lightning-fast and automated Domain Control Validation (DCV) process. You'll also have access to a static trust seal (or trust mark) that you can download and display on your website.
Security & Encryption
The RapidSSL® wildcard is a strong 128/256-bit industry-standard SSL certificate, making it an ideal solution for light ecommerce sites or a great way to safely secure something like a customer login page.
SAN & Multi-Domain Support
The RapidSSL wildcard secures one main domain and an unlimited number of subdomains. For example, this certificate will secure www.theSSLstore.com and all subdomains that are .thesslstore.com (mail.theSSLstore.com, admin.theSSLstore.com, server.theSSLstore.com, etc.) If you have the need to secure multiple domains with one certificate (i.e. www.domain.com and www.domain.net), the cheapest solution would be a GeoTrust True BusinessID Multi-Domain (SAN/UCC) certificate, as RapidSSL does not offer a multi-domain solution.
Mobile & Browser Compatibility
Mobile compatibility is definitely not a strong point of this basic wildcard SSL certificate; however, some newer mobile devices & browsers do recognize it by default. If your customers are likely to access your website via a mobile device; like a smart phone or tablet, you may want to seriously consider a security solution that is more mobile-friendly. We would at least recommend something like a GeoTrust True BusinessID Wildcard SSL, but we have other solutions available.
- Chrome 3+ (above)
- Opera 7+ (above)
- Safari all browsers
- Firefox 1+ (above)
- Netscape 9+ (above)
- IE 5+ (above)
- AOL 10+ (above)
Mobile compatibilities include:
- Android (carrier specific)
- Apple iPhone and iPod Safari
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 & 6
- Microsoft Windows CE 4.0
- Microsoft IE Pocket PC 2003
- Microsoft IE Smartphone 2003
- RIM Blackberry 4.3.0
- Major Operators Inc. Vodaphone
- SoftBank Mobile
- PalmOS 5.x
- Netfront 3.0+
- Opera 4.10+
- Openwave mobile browser 6.20+
- Major handset providers SonyEricsson
Features & Benefits
- Strong 128 / 256 bit encryption, industry standard SSL
- Unlimited server licenses at no extra cost
- 99% browser recognition rate
- Automated online validation - no paperwork needed
- Immediate SSL certificate issuance 24/7/365
- Multi-year savings available - 1 to 3 year issuance
- Free Site Seal from RapidSSL Included.
- Risk free: 30 day money back guarantee
- Unlimited Reissues during certificate lifetime
- Optional - Installation Support Available from our experts!
- $5,000 warranty
- Unlimited sub domains on the same Domain Name
(Example: Secures "*.yourdomain.com", such as store.yourdomain.com, and all other subdomains on your website.)
- Issued Immediately***
- Domain Validation
- Encryption Strength Up to 256-bit
- 99% Browser Compatibility
- RapidSSL Site Seal Included
- Unlimited Server License – Install on any number of physical or virtual servers
***Following quick and easy Email or FTP approval. Occasionally, some orders may be flagged for a security review and face delays.
- Unlimited sub domains on the same Domain Name
With this wildcard cert, you get to display a static site seal, to show off that your website is protected by this highly recognized SSL brand. It says "Secured by RapidSSL®" right on it. Static site seals are quick & easy to install, however they are not "clickable." Therefore, they will not show additional verification information related to your company. It also does not display any dynamic or real-time data related to your site’s security, unlike some of our other wildcard options.
With this product, you get a $5,000 warranty. This means that if your site was improperly validated, actually not secured and/or issued to a fraudulent site by this Certificate Authority (CA), etc., RapidSSL would compensate the end user of the site or victim up to $5,000 for any losses or damages incurred. These warranties are geared towards protecting your customers and to establish credibility of the site owner, giving users the confidence they need to make purchases on your site.
With RapidSSL, the name says it all. If you’re searching for a simple security solution with a lightning-fast issuance time, look no further than RapidSSL. While not as globally recognized for trust and security as a more premium brand like Symantec, RapidSSL still provides websites with a reputable trust-seal and desired level of encryption strength. This brand is highly sought-after by start-ups, small businesses operating under a limited budget, and light ecommerce websites.