Assurance & Authentication
This wildcard certificate offers full business validation before issuance, which means Symantec will need to complete a light vetting of your company before assigning the certificate to your domain. This process usually takes between 3-5 days. However, once issued, this certificate will provide the most assurance to your customers of any wildcard option – as it features "https", the padlock icon, daily malware scanning, and the Symantec Site Seal, featuring the trusted and recognized Norton checkmark.
Security & Encryption
The Secure Site Wildcard enables full 256-bit encryption, along with supporting 2 encryption algorithms, RSA and DSA.. In addition to this high encryption level, Symantec includes a number of other security features with their certificates. This certificate comes with free daily malware scanning, offering a more comprehensive security solution.
SAN & Multi-Domain Support
Since this is a wildcard certificate, it can protect one main domain and an unlimited amount of subdomains. So, for example, you can use the Symantec Secure Site Wildcard to protect www.domain.com along with mail.domain.com, abc.domain.com, xyz.domain.com, etc. Also, this Secure Site Wildcard offers a free SAN for your base domain name, which means you can secure *.domain.com and domain.com with a single certificate.
Mobile & Browser Compatibility
You won't find a more compatible wildcard certificate on the market, as the Symantec Secure Site checks in at 99.9% browser compatibility.
- Chrome 3+ (above)
- Opera 7+ (above)
- Safari all browsers
- Firefox 1+ (above)
- Netscape 9+ (above)
- IE 5+ (above)
- AOL 10+ (above)
Mobile compatibilities include:
- Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
- Palm / Handspring Blazer 2.0+
- Apple Iphone, Ipad Safari
- NTT Do Co Mo
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Smartphone 2003
- Sony Playstation Portable
- Sony Netjuke Audio
- Netfront 3.0+
Features & Benefits
- Secure UNLIMITED Sub Domains!
- Automatically adds the common name's base domain as a SAN value for all certificates where the common name is wildcard and does not contain sub-domains
- Full business validation
- Fully Owned Roots (not chained)
- Enables 256-bit encryption
- FREE lifetime, self-service reissues
- Includes a True Site identity assurance Smart Seal - embedded organization name /date/time stamp
- Compatible with 99.9%+ of all browsers
- Optional - Installation Support Available!
- $500,000 Warranty
- FREE 24/7 Technical Support
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- Supports 2 encryption algorithms, RSA and DSA
- Norton™ Daily Malware Scanning (Behavioral/Predictive)
- 99.9% Browser Recognition Rate
- FREE Norton™ Secured Seal
- Domains Secured; Unlimited sub domains on a single Domain Name
- Issuance Speed: 1-2 days
- Validation Method: Business and Domain Validation
- Notification Level in Browsers: Domain Name & Business Name Shown on Certificate
- Encryption Strength: Up to 256-bit
- Browser Compatibility: 99.9% (basically all browsers)
- Reissue: FREE self-service reissues during validity period
The Symantec Site Seal is the most recognized trust seal on the web. That's because, in addition to the reputable Symantec name, the seal features the Norton Checkmark. For years, the majority of online users have associated the Norton Checkmark with the most secure sites on the net. By installing this seal on your website, your company will be thought of in the same light as the largest and most secure companies in the world.
Symantec certificates are backed by the most generous warranties in the industry, and the Secure Site Wildcard is no different. This certificate comes with a $500,000 warranty, the highest among all of the wildcard certificates that we offer. Therefore, in the extremely unlikely event that your site is breached and a customer incurs losses due to the SSL, you will be compensated by Symantec for up to $500,000 in damages.
Simply put – Symantec is the most trusted name in internet security. If you truly want the most bang for your buck when it comes to SSL, there simply isn't a better option than a Symantec branded certificate. Why? Because, along with additional features like daily malware scans and vulnerability assessments, Symantec SSL certificates come with the most universally trusted image on the planet – the Norton seal. These certificates offer tremendous ROI potential and are a worth-while investment for any online business that places the highest level of importance on their customers' trust and security.