Assurance & Authentication
Companies must complete a light validation before having this certificate issued. That's because Thawte SSL Web Server certificates are Organization Validated. This process typically takes between 2-3 business days to complete. The benefit to going with an OV certificate is that it brings more trust to your website. Along with the standard https and encryption, this certificate includes a dynamic site seal which will help assure your visitors that you are who you say you are – the most important message to get across on the web.
Security & Encryption
Thawte SSL Web Server certificates are available with the highest 256-bit encryption level. Your customers will know that your website is secure once they notice the Thawte Site Seal and the company information embedded within it, once you receive after passing the Organization Validation process. However, if you are looking to inject the most amount of security and trust into your website, we would recommend adding the green address bar, which you can get with the Thawte SSL Web Server with EV certificate.
SAN & Multi-Domain Support
This certificate does offer SAN support, as you can protect up to 25 domains on just a single Thawte SSL Web Server. However, if you are looking to cover one main domain along with all of your subdomains, we would point you in the direction of the Thawte Wildcard SSL certificate, as you will still get the reputable Thawte name along with outstanding encryption and ease of management, since just one will handle all of your subdomains.
Mobile & Browser Compatibility
This OV certificate features exceptional mobile and browser capability, with a 99% browser recognition rate. You simply won’t find many certificates that boast better compatibility across a wide array of platforms.
- Chrome 3+ (above)
- Opera 7+ (above)
- Safari all browsers
- Firefox 1+ (above)
- Netscape 9+ (above)
- IE 5+ (above)
- AOL 10+ (above)
Mobile compatibilities include:
- Android (carrier specific)
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 & 6
- Apple Iphone, Ipad Safari
- Microsoft Windows CE 4.0
- Microsoft IE Pocket PC 2003
- Microsoft IE Smartphone 2003
- RIM Blackberry 4.3.0
- Major Operators Inc. Vodaphone
- SoftBank Mobile
- PalmOS 5.x
- Netfront 3.0+
- Opera 4.10+
- Openwave mobile browser 6.20+
- Major handset providers SonyEricsson
Features & Benefits
- Web server SSL is a fully business validated ssl certificate
- 256-bit with lowest possible encryption level of 128-bit protection for 99.9% of users even with older browsers
- Compatible with 99%+ of all browsers
- Online Certificate Status Protocol
- Certificate Revocation List fully supported
- Domain and identity authentication and verification
- Free Thawte Trusted Site Seal
- Reissuance unlimited for the lifespan of the certificate
- Immediate SSL certificate issuance 24/7/365
- Full range of support options - 24x7
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- $1,250,000 warranty
- Secures both non-www and www domains (1 FQDN)
- This certificate automatically adds the common name's base domain as a SAN value for all certificates where the common name begins with "www" and does not contain sub-domains.
- Issued In Less than 2 days typically
- Business and Domain Validation
- Domain Name and Business Name Shown On Certificate
- Encryption Strength Up to 256-bit, Automatic step-up (SGC)
- 99% Browser Compatibility
- Support all mobile browsers
- Site Seal Included
- Unlimited Server License
- Use chained certificates
Since this is an Organization Validated (OV) certificate, your website will display a dynamic site seal that injects a lot of trust into your website. The Thawte Site Seal has already established a tremendous amount of credibility online, so your customers will know you've been vetted by an industry leader. Plus, they will be able to click on your site seal and see updated information about your business, further establishing your credibility.
Thawte SSL Web Server certificates backed by a $1,250,000 warranty. So, if a site was improperly validated, not actually secured and/or issued to a fraudulent site by Thawte, they would compensate the end-user of the site or victim up to $1,250,000 for any damages or losses. These warranties are there in order to protect your customers, but also help establish the credibility of you, the site owner, which gives users the confidence they need to make transact online.
The Thawte brand is an exceptional combination of both trust and security. These certificates are some of the most premium SSL offerings on the market, but are available at prices that can fit most any budget. When customers see the Thawte trust seal on a website, they gain the confidence they need to make purchases, and businesses can rest assured that their customers' information will be secure. Thawte has been in the SSL business since 1995 and has issued more than 900,000 certificates since then in over 240 countries worldwide. For an SSL brand with a long and storied history of boosting the security and trust of a website, Thawte is an excellent choice. These certificates are perfect for SMB's who are looking for a little bang for their buck with regards to SSL, including ROI potential.