Assurance & Authentication
Since this is one of the most premium wildcard certificates we have available, it typically takes 2-3 business days to get issued. This is an Organization Validated (OV) certificate, meaning your company will have to complete a light vetting process before the certificate is issued by the Certification Authority (CA). However, there are many benefits to choosing an OV wildcard certificate, the main one being that it will inject more trust into your website. The Thawte Site Seal will also be dynamic, with clickable information about your company embedded inside.
Security & Encryption
The Thawte SSL wildcard can be issued with the strongest available encryption strength, 256-bit. So you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest level of security, if needed, with this premium wildcard certificate.
SAN & Multi-Domain Support
You can cover one domain and an unlimited amount of subdomains with the Thawte Wildcard SSL certificate. For example, you could assign this certificate to www.domain.com and then mail.domain.com, billing.domain.com, subdomain.domain.com, etc. If you are looking to secure multiple domains with just a single certificate, we would encourage you to check out the Thawte SSL Web Server certificate, so you can still harness the power of the trusted Thawte brand name.
Mobile & Browser Compatibility
This wildcard SSL certificate features stronger mobile compatibility than some of our more velocity brands. So, if your customer are likely to be accessing your site via a mobile device, we would highly recommend this certificate as your wildcard option.
- Chrome 3+ (above)
- Opera 7+ (above)
- Safari all browsers
- Firefox 1+ (above)
- Netscape 9+ (above)
- IE 5+ (above)
- AOL 10+ (above)
Mobile compatibilities include:
- Android (carrier specific)
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 & 6
- Apple Iphone, Ipad Safari
- Microsoft Windows CE 4.0
- Microsoft IE Pocket PC 2003
- Microsoft IE Smartphone 2003
- RIM Blackberry 4.3.0
- Major Operators Inc. Vodaphone
- SoftBank Mobile
- PalmOS 5.x
- Netfront 3.0+
- Opera 4.10+
- Openwave mobile browser 6.20+
- Major handset providers SonyEricsson
Features & Benefits
- Thawte Wildcard SSL is a fully Business Validated Certificate
- Secure multiple sites on one physical machine
- Full business validation
- Enables 256-bit encryption
- FREE lifetime, self-service reissues
- Compatible with 99%+ of all browsers
- Single root certificate means quick and easy installation
- Optional installation support available
- FREE 24/7 Technical Support via Phone, Email and Live Chat.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- $1,250,000 warranty
- Unlimited Sub Domains
- Issued In 1 to 2 working days
- Automatically adds the common name's base domain as a SAN value for all certificates where the common name is wildcard and does not contain sub-domains.
- Domain and identity authentication and verification
- Domain name and business name shown on certificate
- Encryption Strength Up to 256-bit
- 99% Browser Compatibility
- Support all mobile browsers
- Site Seal Included
- Unlimited Server License
- Reissue unlimited for the lifespan of the certificate
Websites protected by the Thawte Wildcard SSL certificate will get the reputable Thawte Site Seal displayed on pages of their choosing. This Site Seal is rapidly becoming one of the most trusted across the globe, as your customers will be able to click on it and see your organization details and certificate details. This will help assure your customers that you have been vetted by a third party security specialist, and are safe to do business with.
With the Thawte Wildcard SSL certificate, you get a $1,250,000 warranty. This means that if your site was improperly validated, actually not secured and/or issued to a fraudulent site by this Certificate Authority (CA), etc., Thawte would compensate the end user of the site or victim up to $1,250,000 for any losses or damages incurred. These warranties are there to ensure that your customers are protected and the credibility of the site is established, all in an effort to give users the confidence they need to transact on your site.
The Thawte brand is an exceptional combination of both trust and security. These certificates are some of the most premium SSL offerings on the market, but are available at prices that can fit most any budget. When customers see the Thawte trust seal on a website, they gain the confidence they need to make purchases, and businesses can rest assured that their customers' information will be secure. Thawte has been in the SSL business since 1995 and has issued more than 900,000 certificates since then in over 240 countries worldwide. For an SSL brand with a long and storied history of boosting the security and trust of a website, Thawte is an excellent choice. These certificates are perfect for SMB's who are looking for a little bang for their buck with regards to SSL, including ROI potential.